Taka - The Vessel
TAKA is a 30 meter mono hull steel vessel which was specially rebuilt for extended live aboard dive travel. TAKA has a cruising range of 5000 nautical miles, has a water capacity of 38,000 litres and can make up to 3,000 litres of fresh water per day.
- 1 x Master Stateroom
- 5 x Double/Twin Ensuite
- 4x Standard Twin, 2 bunks (share bathroom)
- 1x Standard Twin, 1 double and 1 single bunk (share bathroom)
- 2 x Quad Share (share bathroom)
All cabins are air conditioned.
For detailed cabin information, please click here.
- Length: 30m (100ft)
- Beam: 8m (30ft)
- Draft: 3.6m
- Survey: 1B—30 pax and 12 crew
- Construction: Steel Mono Hull, 4 deck levels.
- Year: Launched December 2003
- Navigation: Radar, GPS and Plotter x 2
- Toilet / Showers: 12
- Cruising speed: 11 knots
- Cruising range: 5000 nautical miles
- Fuel Capacity: 20,000 litres (4300 gallons)
- Fresh Water: 30,000 litres (6500 gallons)
- Water Maker: 4000 litres / 24 hours
- Main Engine: MTU 2000 Series V12 Marine
- Aux Engine 1: Cummins 6CT/150kva
- Aux Engine 2: Cummins 6CT/150kva
- Power: 410v, 240v, 110v, 24 and 12v
- Compressor: 2 x Bauer k180, 8 banks, Nitrox
- Dive Tanks: 65 cf (9lt) and 88 cf (12lt) Aluminium tanks
- Hire Gear: Scubapro, Aqualung, Oceanic
- Dive Tenders: 2 x custom built inflatables
WHAT ARE "TAKA's" SPECIAL FEATURES?
- Bulbous bow
The bulbous bow allows for a finer entry into the
water, and keeps the nose of the vessel level, which in turn
stabilizes the entire hull.
- Hull Stability
The extra wide beam allows more room inside the
vessel, and this coupled with the ballast tank arrangement
prevent rolling while on anchor
- MTU V12 main engine
We have more power than is needed, so we are able
to run at reduced revs, keeping the noise levels down and
still maintaining good speed.
- Bow and Stern Thrusters
These mean we can move away from a dive site in an
emergency while divers are still in the water with no danger
from the propeller
- Entertainment System
Plasma screens, Denon Hi Fi equipment, In-house
movies, PS2, Intercoms-it's all there. The entire boat is also
wired with Cat 6 computer cable for any future gizmos that
- Room, Room, and more Room
With only 30 passengers, space is not an issue. Plenty
of places to be, or to hide, the choice is yours!